This pasta dish simply screams summer time! A fast dish made with home made Cavatelli pasta, (will be bought contemporary or frozen in any Italian specialty retailer) cherry tomatoes, zucchini, corn and marinara. Excellent to whip up on busy weeknights as this dish comes collectively in lower than 20 minutes.
I went to my new favourite Lengthy Island restaurant a couple of weeks in the past, Copperhill and so they served an identical pasta dish which is the place they inspiration got here from. My husband actually loved it, it’s loaded with summer time veggies and belief me, you received’t miss the meat!
Summer season Cavatelli with Corn, Tomatoes and Zucchini
I like this fast, summer time pasta dish made with home made Cavatelli pasta, (will be bought contemporary or frozen in any Italian specialty retailer) cherry tomatoes, zucchini, corn and marinara. Excellent to whip up on busy weeknights as this dish comes collectively in lower than 20 minutes.
- 1 pound contemporary or frozen cavatelli
- three teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ears corn (kernels lower from the cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 half cups (6 half oz) ounces diced zucchini, 1/Four-inch
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to style
- three/Four cup home made marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons contemporary basil, for garnish
- Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a big skillet over medium warmth, add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and garlic, and prepare dinner till golden and aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 1/Four teaspoon salt and prepare dinner three minutes, till the tomatoes soften.
- Add the corn and zucchini and prepare dinner till tender crisp, 2 to three minutes.
- Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper and prepare dinner till heated via, about 1 minute.
- In the meantime, prepare dinner the cavatelli in line with bundle instructions,reserving among the water earlier than draining, then toss with the marinara and greens.
- Add the grated cheese, remaining teaspoon olive oil, 1/Four teaspoon salt and black pepper to style and prepare dinner 1 minute, including among the reserved pasta water as wanted.
- Serve instantly with contemporary basil and extra grated cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Dimension: Scant 1 1/three cups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Sensible Factors: eight
- Factors +: 7
- Energy: 297.5
- Whole Fats: 5g
- Saturated Fats: 1.5g
- Ldl cholesterol: 7.5mg
- Sodium: 184mg
- Carbohydrates: 59.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 10.5g